The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies by herbalists Claude Davis and Dr. Nicole Apelian is a herbal medicine book that brings you hundreds of plant-based remedies for treating a wide variety of health conditions. The book guides you on how to identify, select and use natural plants for treating and healing the body of all kind of ailments. According to the authors, the remedies inside the book work by strengthening your body’s natural ability to repair itself, and instead of relieving symptoms like many mainstream medicines, these remedies work by targeting the root cause of the source of your condition.
The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies aims to provide information for alternative health solutions from mainstream treatment methods that could sometimes be costly, ineffective, unsuitable or unsafe based on your specific problem. It promises herbal methods that naturally unlock, strengthen, support and optimize the body’s own healing ability.
The book comes with colored pictures of the plants so that they can be easily identified and it also has detailed information about each plant’s remedial properties and use to naturally treat acute and chronic health issues such as pain, discomfort, and diseases by tapping into the body’s own natural self-repairing nature. The book is not just a product of Claude Davis’ and Dr. Nicole Apelian’s expertise in herbs and biology, but also reflects their own personal experience with natural healing. For example, on page 275 you’ll find the natural protocol Dr. Nicole is recommending for a wide range of auto-immune conditions, after being affected by MS herself at age 29.
What Is The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies?
As the name suggests, ‘The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies’ is a herbal remedy book that is aimed at helping people alleviate different ailments and improve their health. The claim is if readers use specific remedies as described in the book they would get the benefits that are expected. With almost 200 plants and their remedial use outlined in the book, readers can find natural health solutions for a large number of health issues from alleviating pain, to releasing stress, to curing diseases.
The book is geared towards providing the body with natural and safe treatments for various health conditions and produce results in a holistic way so that the healing experienced in most cases would be permanent. Also, herbal medicine is a cost-effective way for treating conditions because the remedies are usually free or very cheap.
According to the official website for the book, the remedies that have been outlined in the The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies are very easy to make and most of the plants are easily available everywhere. The claim is that using these remedies could provide safe results from the comfort of one’s home. Additionally, it provides the opportunity to save time and money you would have spent on mainstream medicine while getting the great joy of improving your health.
The core concept of the The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies is that the natural remedies help the human body optimize its own natural state for healing. Therefore, users not only become healthier, pain-free, and revitalized but also gain a stronger immune system.
The following are some of the key benefits of the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies:
(1) Increase your knowledge of herbs – The book is designed to help increase your knowledge of herbal plants, many of which you’ll find freely available around you, thus allowing you to know the benefits of specific herbs and use them accordingly for their healing capabilities. Not only that, the book outlines the recipes and ways of preparing the plants for ingestion including which foods to combine them with.
(2) Become Good At Identifying Herbal Plants – One problem with herbs or plants in general is that they are called different names in different places and communities, which can make some of them a bit difficult to identify. Not to mention, some plants look alike which also contributes to the difficulty in the identification process. In the book, you’ll see clear, colorful pictures of each plant with detailed explanation on how to identify it by the way it looks and feels. You will also get the various names known by the authors for the plants including the scientific name and the common names.
(3) An Alternative To Mainstream Medicine – The medical industry does provide many people with helpful medicines and treatment for health issues, however as you know, mainstream medical treatments and drugs are not always reliable, safe or effective. Therefore, it’s good to have herbal medicine as the alternative you can go to when mainstream treatments and pharmaceutical drugs would not work for you. Most herbal medicines are safe, cheap and comes with the potential to cure many ailments. The authors of the book are very confident that if readers properly follow the remedy and guidelines outlined in the book, they will be able to benefit from herbal healing capabilities in the texts.
So what exactly does the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies entail?
The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies contains 300 pages of information on over 181 healing plants. Along with detailed information, it comes with 2-4 colorful pictures of each plant for easy identification. Inside the book, you’ll find over 550+ natural remedies that you can make from these plants for your needs. A lot of the remedies in the book were used by our fore parents for centuries, but due to the advancement of the medical industry, many were lost. Some of the remedies in the book come from the author’s extensive research and practice in natural remedies. This book was made for people with no prior plant knowledge who are looking for alternative ways to help themselves or their families.
Here’s a small glimpse of what you’ll find inside:
- Learn how to relieve all kinds of pain and discomfort by using an effective extract made from a common weed that acts directly on the central nervous system.
- Discover the backyard plant that you can use as a very effective natural antibiotic and it grows in most areas.
- The natural protocol recommended by Dr. Nicole, who was a victim of MS, that can be used for many different auto-immune conditions.
- Learn how to identify valuable herbal plants among weeds and bushes, plus get enough information about each plant to understand their remedial use and function.
- Get useful tips on how to maximize the use of the plants you get such as how to dry and preserve them for future use as well as and how to make the right concoctions for your health needs.
- If you need to have quick and easy access to as many herbs as possible in one place then you’ll like that the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies Plus provides detailed information to teach you how to grow your own garden of medicinal plants.
The Table Of Contents
When you open the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies, the first thing you will see is the table of contents that contains everything found in the book. Also, at the end the book, you’ll find the index section that contains all the health conditions and the pages where you’ll find the plants and remedies for treating the particular conditions.
In the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies the acknowledgement refers to the part of the book where the author shows gratitude to the people and sources who contributed to the book. It is the section of the book that mentions everyone who the author got information from to include in the book or support from to make the project a reality.
In writing and publishing books it is good practice to acknowledge the contributions of researchers, practitioners and individuals who have been of direct help during the process of writing the book or their existing work was used in some way in the book.
The Acknowledgements section of the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies gives you the opportunity to learn about all those who have contributed to the book. When you are aware of all these persons involved you’ll have a better idea of the credibility of the book. You may also want to research further on the sources who have been acknowledged if you find it necessary.
2. Introduction – About The Authors
You would not get a good perspective of any book if you do not know about the person(s) who wrote it. The “About The Authors” section let’s you know who the authors are, their background and experience. Claude Davis is a doctor and survivalist who has decades of experience and knowledge in natural medicine. Dr. Nicole Apelian is an herbalist with over 20 years of experience working in the natural medicine field.
3. Medicinal Herbs Reference Guide
The reference guide was created to allow you, the reader, to get an introduction of the herbal remedy content and shows you how to locate the various content sources yourself. This reference guide includes various pieces of information that are very important and will prepare you for the chapters ahead.
4. How To Harvest The Healing Power from Plants
In this section you’ll learn the different ways to harvest the plants. It covers topics like how to harvest and dry herbs, powdered herbs, herbal water infusions, teas, oil fusions and more.
5. Backyard Plants
This section provides information on useful herbal plants that you may have in your backyard or anywhere in your close surroundings that you may not know about.
6. Forest Plants
Here you’ll be guided on identifying herbal plants that are found mostly in forested areas. You’ll learn about the healing properties of these forest plants and how to use them.
7. Prairie Plants
This part of the book will teach you about prairie plants which are made up of mostly grass-like and flowering plants. You’ll discover the herbal plants in prairies that you can include in your natural healing collection.
8. Medicinal Trees
Under Medicinal Trees you’ll learn about specific trees that have herbal healing properties. You’ll learn where to find these trees and detailed information on their healing ability.
9. Common Treatments
The Common Treatments section of the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies goes over many common herbal remedies that have been around for a long time, passing through generations. You’ll learn how to make use of these treatments yourself.
Along with the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies main book that contains Dr. Nicole Apelian and Claude Davis natural remedy guide that, the book comes with extras with your purchase. These bonus books relate to the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies:
1. 80 Square Feet Garden of Medicine
This manual contains information on how to start and grow your own garden of herbal plants. There are some readers who may not be fortunate to have many of the plants in their backyard or close by, so starting your own herbal garden and growing the plants yourself would be a necessary move. The book will show you how to cultivate your garden and care for the plants. It includes colored pictures of different things that are part of the herbal garden.
2. Everyday Disaster Medicine Guide
Much like the other bonus mentioned above, this book too, is meant to be additional related content to complement the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies. It contains a number of tips and tricks that you can employ to help you survive any disaster that comes your way. In addition to information that can help prepare for a disaster, the book also contains natural remedies for various ailments that you may have to deal with during a disaster.
The Efficacy Of Herbal Remedies
According to information published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, about 8% of hospital admissions in the US are due to adverse effects or side effects of synthetic drugs. It states that around 100,000 people die each year due to these toxicities. It further states that thousands of users of over-the-counter drugs die each year even though these drugs are supposed to be safe for consumers.
On the other hand, it is very rare for people to die or become hospitalized from using herbs. Even the National Poison Control Centre of the United States does not have a section for side effects or adverse reactions to herbs in their database categories.
Many people choose herbal medicine because they believe plant remedies are free from undesirable side effects and it often cost very little or nothing at all. But according to some medical experts, toxicity of herbs used as medicines needs to be looked at in context. They claim that although herbal medicines are generally considered to be safe, their effectiveness is questioned. In the conventional medicine world it is said that if a drug is effective, it would have side effects. Therefore, some persons in the medical industry believe that herbal remedies as drugs either have adverse effects or are not effective.
Reasons To Consider Getting The Book
- Natural treatment that targets the root cause of the ailment – Instead of using chemical drugs that are designed to temporarily relieve symptoms, the herbal remedies outlined in the book aim to address the root cause of the ailments.
- Do it from your home – All the remedies can be made and used from the comfort of your home. The remedies outlined in the book take just knowledge of the right natural plants to make them.
- Safe treatment – The book’s remedies are designed to provide safe, alternative healing with herbs and enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Save money – Instead of spending a lot of money on mainstream medicine every time you have a simple ailment, the information in the book can be used to treat the issue right at home for free.
- Help and educate others – The knowledge in the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies is not only to help yourself become healthier, you can also use the information to educate and help others naturally treat their health conditions.
Things To Consider Before Putting The Book To Use
- Lack of official regulation – Though herbal remedies are an appealing alternative to pharmaceutical drugs, most herbs are not officially regulated, so it’s important to do your own research when deciding which treatment is right for you.
- Unverified claims – There are countless people all over the world who use herbs and swear by their efficacy. But even though herbs are safe and effective, medical science has been reluctant or slow to verify the health claims.
- Limited information – Making an informed choice between herbs and drugs is difficult because the information needed to make the decisions is mostly unavailable.
- May not work equally for everyone – Just because a treatment is natural, commonly used or has been around for a long time doesn’t mean it will be the best treatment for you with regards to safety and effectiveness. So always do your individual research and/or experiment.
- Side effects – Be aware of the side effects caused by interactions between drugs and herbs. Adverse reactions could occur when certain herbs are combined with drugs or other medical products. If you are using a herbal remedy along with a prescription drug, be aware of the impact one might have on the other.
- Existing conditions and pregnancy – People with existing medical conditions and women who are pregnant or planning to be, need to be especially aware of interactions between drugs and herbs that they are using.
- Always do your own research – Always do your own home work to find out all you can about any herb or drug before making it a regular part of your health regime. Also, it is recommended to speak with your doctor before making decisions on using herbs to treat health conditions.
Where to Buy the Lost Book of Herbal Remedies
The recommended and easiest way to buy the book is on the official website for the book.
Up to the date that this review was written, there are two main options to purchase the book available on the official website:
Digital Download — This buying option allows you to get an instant download copy of the book after your order goes through. Also, you get to download the two bonus books that come with the package.
Digital Download Plus Physical Products — This buying option includes a digital download along with a physical copy of the book.
Also, buyers should be aware that any purchase option you choose will come with a 60 day money-back guarantee. So in in the event that you are not fully pleased with the product you can request a refund.
The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies is Claude Davis’ and Dr. Nicole Apelians herbal book for treating many ailments that affect human beings, specifically targeting the root cause of the health conditions. The book is written with detailed information, contains colored photo illustration and easy enough to read for understanding the plants and their medicinal uses. The book comes in options for ordering a physical copy or digital copy through a one time payment that grants you lifetime access to the book.
If you are interested in learning about the herbal properties of plants, whether it’s plants around your home or in forests far away, then this book is for you. The book does a commendable job of explaining the healing value of a variety of plants including those that we see around us and may take for granted. You’ll see many plants you already know and some you need to know shown in clear pictures along with written explanations about them. The authors explained each plant’s features, it’s medicinal uses and how to use them to make your own herbal remedies for your health needs.
It has been proven that there is healing power in nature all around us. This book is a valuable resource that shows you how to harness the healing capabilities of nature’s plants which significantly reduces your cost burden and potential side effects compared to mainstream medicine. No doubt, there are flaws and inadequacies in the healthcare industry, but this book and other herbal medicine resources should not be seen as replacements for conventional medicines. Rather, the book gives persons the opportunity to research more options for their personal health care that would provide them with the answers they need for making smart decisions in treating the ailments that affect them. Also, the wealth of knowledge about plants and cultivation in the book would be of great benefit to gardeners and plant enthusiasts.