Want to support and help accelerate cerebral palsy research?
You can do your part to move the best ideas in Cerebral Palsy research forward toward clinical testing and practical relevance.
You can help to get new ideas flowing more consistently by:
- Increasing emphasis on improved advocacy and awareness of the Cerebral Palsy research need.
- Partnering more effectively with scientific and medical institutions, government entities, as well as private industry, to support Cerebral Palsy research advancement.
- Realize an effective “trifecta” of public/private/professional collaboration is the fastest way to produce results for children impacted by Cerebral Palsy and their families.
Cerebral Palsy research approach should focus on three key areas:
- Support research exploring specific therapeutic approaches that could contribute to the development of improved Cerebral Palsy treatments and outcomes.
- Increase demand for research to understand the root causes of Cerebral Palsy since in approximately 80% of Cerebral Palsy cases, the cause is still unknown.
- Encourage research to determine the possible mechanisms of prevention and protection of the developing brain, as well as early detection.