We are extremely grateful for the efforts of many individuals and organizations that are coordinating fundraising events and choose to donate the proceeds to Reaching For The Stars. This hard work and commitment make an enormous difference as we work to find new treatments and cures for Cerebral Palsy.
If you are interested in organizing a community fundraising event, please contact Cynthia Frisina Gray at (855) 240-RFTS.
Download RFTS Fundraising Forms and Guidelines
RFTS Fundraising Ideas
- Organize a birthday or anniversary party for a loved one, with gifts donated to RFTS, Inc. in their honor.
- Turn an annual event at your school, business, or church into a charity event donating the proceeds to RFTS, Inc.
- Plan a community run, walk, or bike trek.
- Run a marathon or triathlon and solicit support from friend and businesses for RFTS, Inc.
- Host a sale or auction with items donated from local businesses.
- If your company has a matching charitable donation program, please include RFTS, Inc. so that your company can match your donation.
Tips for publicizing a Community Fundraiser
- Contact the city editor or health editor at your local daily and weekly newspapers. Encourage them to assign a reporter to write a story about Cerebral Palsy & RFTS, Inc. and to include details about your event.
- Contact the calendar editor and do the same with the date and time of the event and a short description of the event.
- Contact the public radio and provide the same information.
- Contact the medical news director at your local ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX television affiliates and invite them to send a crew to cover your event.
- Visit local community centers, churches, schools, hospitals and ask them to distribute/ display flyers about your event.